About this item
- THE ORIGINAL: don’t be misguided by others - The Grip is the original under-the-cabinet jar opener, both invented and family owned and operated since 1977. Proven effective, our opener has helped hundreds of thousands of people over the years. And you may have even seen us featured on national TV at some point!
- ANY SIZE OR TYPE OF LID: from fingernail polish to large 6” pickle jars, The Grip will grab and open it with ease. Simply place any size jar or other lid inside the V-shape design, twist, and voilà! And much more than a jar opener, it opens child-proof medicine bottles, water and soda bottles, milk jugs, laundry detergent, vacuum sealed jars such as spaghetti sauce and baby food, honey, smooth ridge lids such as peanuts and peanut butter. There is literally nothing it won’t open!
- EASY INSTALLATION: simple and easy. Peel off the cover of the twin-stick tape, apply to cabinet, screw (provided), and done!
- CARBON STEEL TEETH: incredibly strong and durable, these steel teeth do all the work so you don’t have to. And with premium materials and our long history of helping people, we feel confident they will never wear or dull, opening up lids effortlessly as long as you have it.
- MADE IN AMERICA: let’s face it – flip over most plastic products these days and you’ll read Made in China. But not ours. We believe in keeping jobs and resources here in the land we love. And I think we’re all tired of shaking our head with buyer’s remorse when we discover the low quality of product we paid a little less for when we went elsewhere.
- HIDDEN UNDER CABINET: since it sits underneath your cabinet out of sight, you’ll never know it’s there until you need it! And no more added clutter, taking up valuable space in that kitchen drawer of yours.
- NO MORE STRAIN OR PAIN: since it does all the work, unlike other openers, you can use both hands to open a jar or other lid. Which means, not only is it easier, but pain free!
You shouldn't feel powerless in the kitchen, which is why our family invented our lid opener in 1977 - making the kitchen easy again. Don't be fooled by impersonators...there is no other product on the market like The Grip...
The Grip is entirely made in our own backyard - Tulsa, Oklahoma. And when we say entirely, we mean entirely. We pay more because its worth it to us. From plastic injection, to printed packaging boxes, to steel - both sourced and cut - to assembly, to logistics, and even the screws...we are homegrown.
And as a local small business, we are raising quality standards, providing jobs, supporting communities, and are inspired to help our country.
And most of all - we want to help you, your friends, and your family's by offering this simple tool to open any and every lid, every time. Whether you have arthritis, are aging, or like most of us - just feeling over fighting jars and other lids - we got you covered.
Why The Grip?
Unlike other openers, there is not a lid size or type that The Grip won't open. And because you can leverage both hands and arms without straining your joints, our proven effective V-grip design and strong dual carbon steel teeth allow for an effortless, pain-free motion that never fails.
How Does it Work?
Easy and Effortless
Simply place any size jar or other lid inside the V-shape design, twist, and voilà! And much more than a jar opener, it opens child-proof medicine bottles, water and soda bottles, nail polish, milk jugs, laundry detergent, vacuum sealed jars such as spaghetti sauce and baby food, honey, and those slippery smooth ridge lids such as peanut butter. We've not found a lid it won't open!
What about install?
We use a premium double-sided adhesive, so install is very easy and simple! Just peel the adhesive cover, press firmly under your kitchen cabinet or counter, and screw it in (screws are provided). It's that easy!
What Makes It Superior?
- THE ORIGINAL: also family owned and operated since 1977.
- HIDDEN: saving valuable space in your kitchen.
- EFFORTLESS: you'll be amazed how easy it opens lids.
- CARBON STEEL TEETH: incredibly strong. And never wear or dull. Like ever.
- ABS PLASTIC: highly durable and break-proof.
- UNIQUE DESIGN: proven V-grip design opens any lid. Every time, without fail.
- MADE IN USA: this is a deep value of ours. Always has been and always will.
In 1977, our grandfather Clifford Kuns was watching his father-in-law's health deteriorate from a stroke and had a dream of a product design that helped people with a basic need: opening a jar. He soon realized the significance of that dream, put pen to paper and began production. Over the years, we're proud of how radically his invention has changed lives.
Now in our third generation, we want to continue his legacy with this American made, family owned product that many have called their "best friend in the kitchen," and others say has "given them back their independence."
Product and Brand Evolution
First Generation: Wood
1977: our grandfather Cliff invents and produces the first 20,000 jar openers in solid wood, selling primarily through church and civic organizations, and local fund raisers.
Second Generation: Lid Persuader
Early 1980s: Grandpa Cliff transitions to durable ABS plastic material, calling his product “The Lid Persuader”. Funny name, for a funny man ;)
Eventually featured and commercialized on national TV in the 1990s, our beloved under cabinet jar opener grew in popularity, and ventured out into kitchens across the U.S.
2002: For a season, we retired The Lid Persuader brand and distributed our product for another brand on this marketplace until 2019.
Third Generation: The Grip
2019: we introduce our "new" family brand: The Grip!
Same proven effective design and trusted materials, but with new aesthetic improvements, including a matte finish, simplified backing, and embossed logo. We love it, and know you will too!